The process for church schools changing from maintained to academy status has been reviewed and the Hereford Diocesan Board of Education (HDBE) have published their strategy for Church of England schools in the Diocese of Hereford wishing to convert to academy status.
The following guidelines have been recently produced for governing boards of church schools in the Hereford Diocese to support their academisation discussions:
Updates will also be given at Diocesan Headteacher and Chair Briefing Sessions, with forthcoming dates detailed on our Training Events Page. Governing boards are encouraged to contact the Education Team with any questions regarding academisation.
Please see the relevant documentation and process for application for academisation below.
- HDBE Academisation Policy and Guidance September 2021
- Additional Guidance for Church of England Schools moving to Academy Status in the Diocese of Hereford
- Appendix 1 Application for Conditional Consent to Convert to a Multi Academy Trust September 2021 (Word document)
- Appendix 2 Application for Conditional Consent to form a New Church of England Mult Academy Trust September 2021 (Word document)
- Academisation Governors' Checklist September 2021