The process for church schools changing from maintained to academy status has been reviewed and the Hereford Diocesan Board of Education (HDBE) have published a new strategy and guidelines for Church of England schools in the Diocese of Hereford wishing to convert to academy status. Please see the relevant documentation and process for application below. If you have any questions about this process then please do contact the Education Team directly.
- HDBE Academisation Policy and Guidance September 2021
- Additional Guidance for Church of England Schools moving to Academy Status in the Diocese of Hereford
- Appendix 1 Application for Conditional Consent to Convert to a Multi Academy Trust September 2021 (Word document)
- Appendix 2 Application for Conditional Consent to form a New Church of England Mult Academy Trust September 2021 (Word document)
- Academisation Governors' Checklist September 2021