The mission of the Parish Giving Scheme is to enhance the generosity that enriches the life of the Church and its ministry in each community.
By providing simple and secure ways for donors to give regularly, churches benefit from improved cash flow and a resilient and reliable funding stream. By processing regular donations and Gift Aid on the church’s behalf, we can ease the admin burden and paperwork for church volunteers. As a charity whose origins are within the Church, the Parish Giving Scheme understands that, for every donor, generosity is an act of Christian faith that is deeply personal.
There are just a few quick and easy steps to complete to ensure that your church is part of the Parish Giving Scheme:
Registering with the Parish Giving Scheme is a simple and easy process. Please just follow the following steps:
- Step 1 - Pass a resolution at a PCC meeting to join the Parish Giving Scheme - Resolution Form
- Step 2 - Complete the Parish Registration Form - Parish Registration Form
- Step 3 - Return both step 1 and 2 documents along with a copy of a void cheque or bank paying-in slip (which relate to the PCC bank account that is to receive funds) to:
PGS, The Diocesan Office, The Palace, Palace Yard, HEREFORD HR4 9BL
or by email The Finance Team
Please do not send these documents to the PGS central team in Gloucester.
- Step 4 - The Diocesan Office will verify and process your parish application and register your details with the Parish Giving Scheme.
- Step 5 - You will receive directly from the central Parish Giving Scheme team your joining instructions.
- Step 6 - A Parish Giving Advisor or other members of diocesan staff will be in contact with you to provide all resources you will need to launch the Parish Giving Scheme in your church.
- Parish Giving Scheme information for givers
- PCC guide to the Parish Giving Scheme
- Detailed guide for PCC Treasurers
- Parish Giving Scheme - tips for success
- Parish Giving Scheme - A4 poster
Resources available direct from Hereford Diocesan Office only:-
- Offertory tokens
- Parish contact labels
- Parish code labels
- Donor Direct Debit forms
- A4 Poster
- Pop-up banners (for loan)
If you have any queries, please contact Finance Director Stephen Herbert or our Parish Giving Advisers.
PGS provides simple and secure ways for every generation to donate to their church with confidence; online, by phone, or by posting a giving form.
- Visit the online PGS
- By telephone by calling 0333 002 1271 between 9 am - 5 pm on weekdays.
- Via the Parish Giving Scheme representative in your local parish