The Diocesan Registrar, is the legal officer to the Diocese and the Diocesan Bishop.
The responsibilities of the Registrar include:
- processing Petitions for Faculties;
- giving free advice to parish officers, clergy, boards and committees of the diocese;
- issuing the documentation appointing clergy to their posts;
- dealing with enquiries from clergy, parish officers and the general public on matters to do with marriage, baptism and confirmation;
- maintaining a variety of diocesan records;
- issuing the documentation to enable burial grounds to be consecrated;
- issuing marriage licences; and
- maintaining the Patronage Register and other linked functions.
It is always best to ask for advice from the Registry sooner rather than later to ensure matters start on the right footing.
If you need to reach our Registrar please contact:
The Bishop of Hereford’s Registrar
14 Broad Street