Support is available for clergy, churchwardens and others who manage and maintain historic church buildings.
The Mission and Mortar Toolkit which was created thanks to a National Lottery Heritage Fund grant to help communities identify new and existing resources to look after their church buildings and use them for mission.
The Crossing the Threshold Toolkit offers a step-by-step guide to managing a church project.
The Church of England's Churchcare website contains advice on everything from accessibility to zero carbon.
For more information and support please contact Lorna Theophilus, Church Building Support Officer
- Diocesan funding directory
- Church Heritage Record
- Parish Resources
- Construction Design and Management Regulations apply to all construction work and churches have duties as a commercial client
- The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings who,have also produced a number of helpful videos on maintaining church buildings
- Historic England
- Caring for Places of Worship Report
- The Ancient Monument Society
- The Council for British Archaeology
- The Georgian Group
- The Victorian Society
- The Twentieth Century Society
- Natural England
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Heritage Gateway (where information on England's historic sites and buildings can be searched for, including archaeology and Historic England records and registers)
- Heritage Help (a resource provided by the National Amenities Societies to offer information and advice on matters related to the management and protection of local historic environments)
- The Charity Commission
- The Ecclesiastical Architects and Surveyors Association
- RIBA Register of Architects Accredited in Building Conservation
- Grant Finder
- Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme for VAT relief on listed churches
- Caring for God’s Acre