Forms and Information
2023 Annual Parochial Church Meetings
Following on from the APCM The Return of Parish Officers 2023/24 form needs to be completed. We appreciate that this is time-consuming, but it is really important we have the correct and most up to date information on our database to enable us to communicate effectively with parishes.
Forms for holding an Annual Parochial Church Meeting can be found below. Versions are provided in both Word and pdf. The word files can more easily be edited locally. The APCM is convened to elect the parish's Deanery Synod representatives and Parochial Church Council members. Statutory reports, as defined within the Church Representation Rules, are also given to the church's members. Only those people who are listed on the church's electoral roll may participate within the APCM.
- Form for advertising the Annual Meeting in word and as a pdf
- Form for notice for election of churchwardens in word and as a pdf
- Form for nomination for Churchwardens in word and as a pdf (or PDF as 2 separate pages)
- Form for nomination of Deanery Synod members in word and as a pdf
- Form for nomination of PCC members in word and as a pdf (or PDF as 2 separate pages)
- Form for notification of election results in word and as a pdf
These nomination forms contain a declaration that the nominee is not disqualified from serving as a trustee. You should get this from all PCC members, including those who are ex-officio or serving following Synodical election. For these PCC Members, you may find our Fit and Proper Persons Declaration helpful available in word.
Preparation of Electoral Roll
Electoral Rolls need to be revised annually. With the new changes to the Church Representation Rules, names no longer need to be removed from the roll during the course of the year; they only need to be added. Names are still removed, as appropriate, at the annual revision.
- Form for Annual Revision of the Electoral Roll in word and as a pdf
- Form for Application for Enrolment onto the Electoral Roll in word and as a pdf
- Form for a New Roll in word and New Roll as a pdf
After the completion of a revision of the roll of a parish, the PCC must publish the roll (electronically or otherwise) as it decides for 14 days, and make a copy of the roll available for inspection. A copy of the Church Electoral Roll Certificate must be sent to the Diocesan Office.
Rolls may be published electronically instead of in paper form. The roll as published must include every name entered on the roll but not other personal data (e.g. addresses).
Once in every six years the preparation of new church electoral rolls takes place, which means that everyone must come off the roll and re-apply. The next occasion for the preparation of new rolls is in 2025.
For those of you are new to the role further guidance can be found on the national parish resources website.