Find a Church

Presteigne: St Andrew

Archdeaconry: HEREFORD
Parish: Presteigne w Discoed
Telephone: (01544) 267777
Address: Broad Street Presteigne
St Andrew’s is the Church of England Parish Church for Presteigne. There has been a church building on the site for over 1000 years. This ancient place of prayer is open to visitors as much as possible. The benefice or group of churches also includes St Michael's, Discoed; All Saints', Kinsham; St Michael and All Angels', Knill; and St Michael and All Angels', Lingen.

Presteigne and Discoed are in Powys, Wales; Kinsham, Knill and Lingen are in England, but all our churches belong to the Church of England Diocese of Hereford.

Rector: The Revd Prebendary Stephen Hollinghurst
Associate Minister: The Reverend Debbie Venables

Our main Sunday morning service is generally at 11 am.
The style of that service varies from short informal family services to Holy Communion from Common Worship or the Book of Common Prayer.  Visitors are always welcome to join us. Arrangements have inevitably been affected by the current Covid-19 pandemic, and we are following guidance from the UK and Welsh governments and the Church of England on mask-wearing, social distancing, etc. At the time of writing we are receiving Communion with wafers only and not sharing the common cup. Details of all services can be found on notice boards in the church porch and by the Broad Street gate; and in the Parish Magazine.

We are an inclusive church and extend a welcome to everyone in the name of Jesus Christ.

The parish of Presteigne w Discoed is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs. The Diocese of Hereford’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.